INTRODUCTION TO SOCIAL ENTREPRENEURSHIP
60-Minute Audio Workshop on CD or MP3
with C.J. Hayden, MCC, CPCC
Social entrepreneurship is a model that has been gaining momentum in recent years as an answer to social problems on a global scale and scarce resources to address them. Social entrepreneurs apply business principles and leadership skills to address social issues. They build mission-driven businesses aimed at solving social problems, direct their professional skills and training toward helping people in need, or use their entrepreneurial skills to found nonprofits that use innovative business models.
If you feel called to make more of a difference in the world and want to make a living while doing it, this program is for you.
What You Will Learn
- What social entrepreneurship is, and what it isn’t
- Five sustainable business models for a social enterprise
- How to make social ventures pay for themselves
- Where to find financial support for projects with a social agenda
- How to attract a team of supporters and champions
- How to get your project off the ground and keep it moving
Who This Class Is For
You will benefit from this program if you:
- Are curious about social entrepreneurship as a new solution to social problems
- Have a business idea that addresses a social issue
- Want to become more active in advocating for social change
- Are considering launching a new nonprofit organization
- Would like to add an earned income component to an existing nonprofit
- Want your business or private practice to do more to help others
What People Say about this Workshop
“To anyone with a good idea for making the world better, you don’t have to reinvent the wheel! This program can offer practical guidance, a wealth of examples, alternative approaches to challenging questions — more than enough to begin transforming your idea into a viable enterprise.”
— Nina Ham, Co-Chair, East Bay Labyrinth Project
“This program is a great introduction to social entrepreneurism for beginners — people who are drawn to set up or be part of a social entrepreneurial venture, and don’t know where to start.”
— Susan Hyatt, Business Nonprofit Connections, Inc.
About the Workshop Leader
C.J. Hayden is the bestselling author of Get Clients Now! and 50 Ways Coaches Can Change the World. As an entrepreneurship coach and advisor to social ventures, she’s been helping entrepreneurs build enterprises that make a difference since 1992. C.J. has taught workshops for the U.S. Small Business Administration, SCORE, Women’s Initiative for Self-Employment, and San Francisco Renaissance Entrepreneurship Center. She is the founder of the nonprofit Citizen Angel, co-founder of the Thriving Women in Business Giving Circle, and a founding board member of the S.F. Bay Area Chapter of the Social Enterprise Alliance.
What You Get with Your Purchase
- 60-minute class on CD or MP3
- Two-page PDF handout
Note: This program was recorded live from a teleseminar. You’ll hear questions and comments as C.J. interacts with participants.
$14.95 USD + shipping/tax
MP3 is available for download immediately.
CD will be shipped within one business day.
Questions about the workshop? Contact us!