Do you have a writing project in need of a boost? Perhaps it’s a book you’re working on — or would like to be. Or a blog you want to start, if you could figure out what to write about. Or a blog you already have that isn’t producing results for you. Or a stack of unfinished articles and topic ideas that need to be brought to life. Working with me as your coach or editor can help you achieve your writing goals faster and with fewer wrong turns.
I help self-employed professionals advance their nonfiction writing projects: books, blogs, articles, and more. I serve my clients as a coach, mentor, and developmental editor. Here’s some of what I help my clients do:
- Choose a theme, title, topics, or audience for your blog
- Learn to write blog posts and articles that will attract your ideal clients and make them want to work with you
- Write a nonfiction book or ebook
- Prepare a book proposal to sell your book to a publisher
- Self-publish a book, ebook, or white paper
- Develop a strategy for content marketing, guest blogging, or article writing
- Stay on track with your writing projects and goals
My clients are typically self-employed professionals who use writing as a tool for building visibility and credibility. They are coaches, consultants, psychologists, trainers, and professionals in fields such as design, finance, health care, law, and real estate. Most do not see themselves as professional writers, but as professionals who write.
Working with me as your writing coach or developmental editor can provide:
- Clarity — I can help you identify the ideal audience for your writing, and what they most want to hear from you. I can also help you discover themes and topics already present in your work that may be exactly what you need to write about.
- Expertise — You won’t need to re-invent the wheel. Whatever your writing project is, I’ve completed one (or many) like it, and advised others with similar questions and concerns.
- Partnership — Writing can be an isolating activity, and writers often get stuck inside their own heads. With me as your coach or editor, you’ll have a partner for brainstorming, strategizing, and troubleshooting.
- Accountability — Working with me as your coach will help you stay on track with your goals, plans, and schedule.
- Problem-solving — Whatever is getting in the way of your writing, together we can find a solution. I’ll help you overcome stubborn obstacles, solve sticky problems, and avoid potential pitfalls.
I have the skills and experience to help you with any type of nonfiction writing. I’ve written and published five books, authored three blogs, written hundreds of blog posts, and published several hundred articles both online and in print. My book Get Clients Now!, published by a large New York publisher, is a long-time business bestseller, selling well over 100,000 copies. I’ve also published a book with a small local press, and self-published three more. I’ve been advising nonfiction writers since 1992.
Here’s what some of my clients say about our work together:
My confidence as a writer is so different now than when we started! I feel confident in my ability to put together a piece that is well constructed, on topic and that is relevant to my readers in a reasonably short amount of time. I also no longer feel intimidated by a blank page… You have provided me with the basis to continue to both improve my writing and to gather more readers.
If you want to take your business writing to the next level, C.J. Hayden’s extensive writing experience and time in the trenches, along with her warm, supportive demeanor take the fear out of the writing process. You’ll come away with concrete writing methods, tools, and strategies to make your writing effective, on point, and something that your target audience will find useful and engaging.
C.J. provided me with critical information in the proposal writing stage… I learned how to narrow the position of my proposal and laser focus the message… that every sentence must really say this book will sell and I am the author to write it! I also gained a sense of confidence in my ability to become a successfully published author.
If what you’ve read so far sounds like I might be the right coach or editor for you and your writing project, you’re welcome to view how I work and what I charge. I work with my clients by phone, video, or email so you can work with me from anywhere in the world. I offer both ongoing coaching and as-needed strategy sessions, as well as developmental editing. Please contact me to find out more, and tell me a little about yourself and your project when you call or write.
I look forward to hearing from you!